Thursday, May 18, 2006

Me and my man

Samuel and I have been going out now for a little over 17 months.. I think that that's pretty good going..

From the first moment that we spoke, I knew he was a cool guy.. we got talking because we both loved the bands Devo and Television, and neither of us (I think I speak on behalf of both of us there anyway) really knew anyone else, other than our dads, that liked them too..

We met up when I went to visit my friend at university and had a good old chat in the uni bar. A few weeks later was our first 'date'. We went to the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool to see a Stuckist exhibition and toyed with the idea of creating our own Stuckist art. We then headed back to my flat and I cooked dinner for the two of us- French chicken and jacket potatoes, and then I kissed him, to Interpol.. I couldn't hold back :P

That was a Sunday, the next day he asked me out and i'm happy to say that we're still going strong, and engaged no less..

I like to think that we both have a lot in common, the first time I went to his house, looking through his cds was like looking at my own collection, and i'd always been interested in photography but Samuel bought me a beautiful SLR and my love for photography blossomed.

I've always joked about how Samuel is a bit of a geek, and not so secretly I think it's really cute. He's always going on about some programming language, like HTML or AJAX or Ruby on Rails, which I do believe he's currently learning, and I'm learning all these technical sort of terms..

For a while Samuel constantly went on about how good a certain podcast known as Diggnation was. Having never seen it, I couldn't really see the attraction, I'd phone him and he'd be like 'ohh i'm so tired, I'm going to sleep now'.. but he'd not hang up (he never realised this) and then he'd go and watch a Diggnation podcast instead, so I heard quite a few bits that way..
Then a few weeks ago, he actually made me watch an episode, and I have to say, it is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while, and i've downloaded several episodes now and watched them..

Last night we decided to go for a meal, to treat ourselves at having gotten through another year of university, and booked a table at the very lovely Auberge, in Southport.
I have to say, I was a little disappointed by the starter, it actually tasted quite nice, but didn't look too good and wasn't really to my taste, so I couldn't eat it.
However the main course more than made up for it.. never have I eaten a piece of meat that tasted so good.. I think devine is the word.. I wish I could cook like that.. Samuel would be a happy man..

So, I'd just like to say a thank you to Samuel, not just for introducing me to the delights of Diggnation, but for being there for me, for putting up with me these past 17 months, for loving me and for being my best friend..

Samuel my dear, I love you.

1 comment:

Samuel Cotterall said...

I wont say anything on here. I'll wait until I see you to give you a big love.

Thank you.

Love Samuel x